Sunday 10 August 2014

farewell sweet lilac flowers

Hello my friends. Today's offering is the last card i will be making as part of the Sweetlilac DT. In fact this is my 'farewell' project. The new team will be taking over from the 15th August. I'm sure they will continue to inspire you with their creations. 
I must say that i have enjoyed being part of this team and working with Sweetlilac flowers has been great as they are really good quality.


Getting back to the card, it is made with graphic 45 papers and Sweetlilac flowers. I got the inspiration when reading simply Cards and Papercrafts.
I started with a 6x6 base card that I covered with paper from the botanical tea party. I inked all edges with walnut stain prior to sticking it down. I layered the stripey blue paper on top. 


Then I cut several layers with spellbinders borders from the same set of papers. I used a mixture of 6x6 and 12x12 papers. I inked every layer with walnut stain and layered as shown. 
I tied a double bow from pink twine and attached with a button from my stash.


Next it was time to add the flowers. I chose several different ones that matched papers. I also added some leaves, tucked here and there. These are all from Sweetlilac flowers. The gold bead sprays are from my stash.
Finally i stamped the sentiment in potting soil archival ink and cut it banner shaped. I inked again with walnut stain and matted on blue g45 which i also inked. I tucked it between flowers.
There is still time to enter the current Sweetlilac challenge which is birds of a feather. Don't forget the winner gets a hamper of gorgeous flowers.

As always I hope you like my make. I wish the best of luck to the new DT members, Theresa xx



14 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, anyone would be delighted to receive it. Lovely comments for the new design team too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Theresa, it has been fabulous working with you on Sweet Lilac and will continue to follow and support your blog.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for that Linda. i will continue to support you too xx

      Delete
  3. A beautiful make Theresa, it's been so lovely working alongside you too.
    How that time has flown..
    I do hope we meet again soon
    Crafty hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Theresa that's absolutely gorgeous!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Design Theresa, and so pretty....it has been great working with you on the DT and I look forward to following your work in the future. Have a great week...hugs...Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the continued support Jo. i will continue following yours too xx

      Delete
  6. Wonderful, card so beautiful and it looks even more amazing in person. xxxx

    ReplyDelete