This was another commissioned card. My brief was to use pink and it needs some hearts on it. Now anybody who knows me, knows that I struggle with pink. It is definitely not my colour. So when I have to use it, I find it restrictive.
Anyhow I got out some co'ordinations card and chose a muted pink from there. I die cut it with a spellbinder border that had scrolls that looked like hearts, thus keeping within the brief. I die cut the 2 larger bitty blossoms, one in pink felt and the other out of white card.
I cut a piece of white card and rounded corners. Then I cut an aperture and embossed card with a Sue Wilson embossing folder that also has little hearts as you can see in pic below. On another piece of white card I stamped the Clarity flourish using victorian velvet distress ink. I stamped it 4 times to fill aperture area. Then I stamped sentiment in black archival and clear embossed. I die cut it with an oval shape and whilst still in die I inked it with victorian velvet distress ink.
I assembled it as shown and matted it on a larger white mat that was pierced all around. I attached flowers on pink area on a knot of crinkle edge organza ribbon. I added another flower that I made out of 1.5 cm wide organza ribbon. I added victorian velvet distress glitter to white rose. The leaves are fabric and each one can be pulled apart to produce 2 leaves. The twisted wires are actually flower soft wire covered in double sided tape and dipped in microbeads and then twisted around pokey tool. This is a Sue Wilson technique for which there is a video on her blog. You can see that this is where I got the inspiration for this card.
Finally I stamped and embossed 50th and again die cut it and inked it with victorian velvet.
I hope you like it and you know that I enjoy reading your comments, Theresa xx
I would like to enter this into the sunday stamper challenge - nature (flowers)