Wednesday 13 November 2013

clarity meets spellbinders


I was asked to make a wedding card and this is what I came up with. I like the idea of white on white for weddings and this is what i start with.
I started with the stately circles die and cut out the first die with GC and then embossed it. With the card still in die i stamped the Clarity lily in versamark and brushed with confetti white perfect pearls. I overstamped sentiment in black archival and embossed with detail clear. I traced around the die and cut with scissors. I inked around with versamark and brushed with confetti white perfect pearls.

For base layer i cut a piece of card 13cm wide and cut the lower border with scalloped borders and embossed. I stamped the 2 clarity sentiments one on upper and other on lower border, in black archival and embossed with detail clear. I then used lattice heart embossing folder and embossed the background leaving a half inch gap from border.
Using american seam binding, I wrapped some around card where I had left gap. I made a triple bow and used a Tim Holtz accoutrements button on knot. I cut 3 sprigs and with card still in die, I inked with versamark an brushed with confetti white. Then after putting topper, I stuck sprigs around bow.
Finally using cosmic shimmer pearl glue i dropped 'pearls' on the embossed hearts on background.
Finished card is A5.

This is another one I made as i was asked for another one the next day. only difference is the button, otherwise same ingredients used.
Hope you enjoy your day wherever you are and thanks for any comments, Theresa xx




2 comments: